homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A public service announcement from Captain Husband

Captain Husband sent me some information about an ongoing humanitarian project when I asked him if there was something I could do here to help out over there.   He informed me that the United States Navy, Army & Air Force, along with the Afghan Army, provide free medical care to the citizens of the Khowst province; they need donations to continue as they cannot accept financial assistance.  Here's a list of the things that they need the most to continue providing care and help to those in need in Afghanistan:

Children's multivitamins
Children's ibuprofen & Tylenol
*Spiral-bound notepaper
*Hand-held pencil sharpeners
*Coloring books (no English writing, please)
*Backpacks, gym bags & totes
Folders or small notebooks & loose-leaf paper
Pens, pencils & crayons
Shoes & athletic socks
*Blankets
*Jackets (especially children's)
*Hats, scarves & gloves
Travel size toiletries
Toothpaste & toothbrushes
* Most urgently needed

Items can be sent by US mail to the following address:
Community Clinic
1/203rd BST
FOB Salerno, Camp Clark
APO AE 09314

As an added incentive, the United States Postal Service charges a flat rate of only $10.95 when sending priority mail flat rate packages to APO/FPO addresses.  Not too shabby when you think about it.  I have a couple extra priority mail boxes around the house and I'd like to send a couple of these special care packages over while Captain Husband is on tour; if anyone is interested in helping me put some together, let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...