homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Before and after

Last summer my friend bought a house and a number of pieces of furniture conveyed with the sale, which translated to a bunch of beat up furniture left in the basement for her to deal with. This particular chest of drawers had been used as a sawing board of some kind and had the scars to prove it. I asked if I could take it off of her hands and try to fix it up and she helped me load it up, more than happy to get it out of her house. I brought it home and cleaned it up as best I could and then started priming it for paint. I managed to get the drawers painted and then I found out I was pregnant, which meant I had to postpone my spray-painting fun for the time-being. Fast forward to this month: As a present for the baby, my friend, Barb, agreed to finish the project and have it ready to be used as a changing table and clothing storage. Here's how it turned out:
The overall color is petrol blue by Valspar and the original hardware is painted white. I then used a white paint pen to outline the incised decorative tracing on the drawer fronts and voila! Perfect, right? Now I have a place to put all of the baby's Fuzzi Bunz and clothing!

12 comments:

Gretchen said...

Looks great! That's the perfect color and vintage vibe for you :)

L. said...

Thanks! It's almost hard to believe that it's the same scary chest that was hiding in Miss Xtine's basement!

M said...

Is Jesus still living in the top drawer??

It looks awesome - LOVE that color!

L. said...

Not at the moment; my plan is to affix him to the back with some Modge Podge. I hope he doesn't mind the change in location. :)

christine said...

It looks marvelous! So much better than in my basement... Love the idea to stick the jesus print to the back :) PS - great kitty pillows

L. said...

Thank you for letting me take it off of your hands!

Cam said...

How did you get it up all of those stairs? It looks great... I think this color is growing on me ;)

L. said...

My mom was down for the weekend, and so we decided to be wild and crazy and move furniture for fun--we're weird like that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Love it and LOVE LOVE LOVE your style!!! I can't wait to read more! I love craft and thrifty wives!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I love it!!!! I would have thought that hardware came from urban outfitters or anthropologie or something! I love crafty and thrifty wives!! Can't wait to read more!!!

xoxo

kathleen said...

where oh WHERE did those kitty pillows come from?!

emily @ cabin fervor said...

This is exactly what I'm hoping to do for a dresser in my little girl's room (great job!!) -- just have to find the right one.

I hope you don't mind, but I put your before and after on my blog so that my family will help me look for an old beat up dresser to rehab.

http://thirtyeight20.blogspot.com/2011/06/wanted-old-dresser.html

If you see any issues with it, please let me know and I'll correct or take it down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...