✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The waiting game

This weekend was delightfully lazy; I had finally completed the Fuzzi Bunz sizing and pre-washing and had put them away earlier in the week. My dad built the base for the co-sleeper and stained it, so it's sitting in the garage, waiting to be called into use. For the first time in a while, there were no weekend projects waiting for us. We decided to take advantage of the lull (and the lack of baby) and check out the Virginia Bazaar, a combination flea market and antique mall. Located about twenty minutes south of Fredericksburg, Captain Husband and I had driven past it numbers of times, but we were never in the area during the hours it was open. Dad and I got up early on Saturday, grabbed some breakfast, and were on our way. Now, I don't want to say that I had high expectations for the Bazaar, but I was hopeful that it would at least be worth the drive; well, let's just say that we were there for an hour and that's about it. I'm sure there are more outdoor vendors on Sundays, but the pickings were pretty poor yesterday. The indoor part started out promising, with a great booth of antiques/found objects right at the entrance, but it turns out that was basically the best of the entire place. Oh well, at least I now I know!

We decided to head up to Fredericksburg to check out the shops up there since we were in the area. We had a great time walking around and looking at the various antiques; one place had a lot of antique tools that caught my dad's interest and it was nice having him there to tell me what they all did. After a while, the heat and humidity caught up with us, so we went and grabbed lunch and relaxed in the a/c for a bit (pregnancy + humidity=giant, swollen hands for me). Then we opted to take Route 1 back home rather than chance 95, which turned out to be a wise decision. Along the way back, we stopped off at a little shop near Quantico where I found a bag of thirty vintage alphabet blocks for $5 (my only purchase of the entire day), so I didn't go home completely empty-handed.

Today I spent the morning tidying up a bit, vacuuming and cleaning the kitchen. My friend, Kate, came over for a while and we hung out and watched How to Marry a Millionaire. I think I may finally be having some Braxton-Hicks contractions, but I can't be sure. Overall, I feel pretty good and am hopeful that my forty-week appointment this Wednesday will reveal a happy cervix doing what it's supposed to do, but for the time being I wait. And wait.


M said...

I was just checking to see if there was any action over the weekend. Guess not! (well, other than the alphabet blocks) Enjoy your down time!

L. said...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...