homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Time flies

It's hard to believe that Captain Husband and I have been married for two years now; we celebrated our anniversary last Monday while my mom and brother watched Sammy for us. CH surprised me with a lovely dinner at the Inn at Mount Vernon. While it was nice to get out for a bit, the evening was especially bittersweet because CH was leaving the next day for Korea.

My mom stayed on for a couple more days to help me adjust to CH's absence; we took Sammy in for his first professional photographs when he turned five-weeks old on Wednesday. I also took advantage of her being here to watch Sammy for me and went and got all of my hair cut off (I had promised to wait until after CH left, and I managed to do so for a whole two days)--something that I had been meaning to do for a long, long time. It feels soooo good to be free of all of that hair. Unfortunately, mom could only stay for so long and she headed back home to Pennsylvania on Saturday, leaving Sammy and me all on our lonesome.

To be honest, it hasn't been as bad as it could be. The days are long, but I seem to have figured out a routine with Sammy, which consists of finding any excuse to get out of the house at least once a day as well as taking long walks with him in the stroller or the bjorn. It's the nights that are the hardest; I have never wished for an extra pair of hands so much in my life. Especially when it's 3:30 in the morning and Sammy has managed to wet through his diaper, necessitating a change of diaper, sleeper, and sheets all while he's screaming his head off because he's hungry and/or needs to burp. Good times.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Glad to hear you are surviving okay. I'm sorry your mom couldn't stay longer. Can't wait to see your new snazzy haircut!

M said...

I've got two extra hands! And two very flexible feet. So call when you need them!

L. said...

I'll be sure to take you up on your offer one of these days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...