homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, January 21, 2013

A status update from Sammy


I just realized that I am horribly overdue on telling you guys what's new lately with my favorite resident toddler.  Sammy is now a whopping two-and-a-half-years old and fully entrenched in the oh-so-aptly-named terrible twos.  There's no other way to describe it other than it's like living with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde--one minute, he's my sweet, polite and well-spoken little gentleman and the next he's screaming at the top of his lungs, throwing whatever he can get his hands on and bawling his eyes out.  Fortunately (ha!) Sammy saves most of his rotten behavior for the confines of our home, so at least I haven't really had to deal with a thrashing, yelling mess of a kid while out in public.  That sound you just heard was me frantically knocking on every wooden surface in my house.


Sammy's had another growth spurt recently and is at least 38" tall--all of his 4t pants fit him in length perfectly now and things that used to be out of his reach far back on the kitchen counter are now fair game.  He is also wearing size 10 1/2 shoes--there's no doubt that Sammy takes after me in that department.  Sammy is now the proud owner of a full set of teeth--all molars are present and accounted for.  Now if I could only get him to brush them on a regular basis.


This kid.  Never.  Stops.  Moving.  Seriously, it's like watching a whirling dervish.  He's also something of a chatter box--Sammy's now talking in full sentences and slowly dropping the whole third-person thing.  I still have to translate for him every now and then, but he's pretty easy to understand for the most part, but then again I get to spend every day with the kid so I might be a bit biased.  While there are days when he makes me want to rip my hair out in frustration, his positive attributes far outweigh the negative ones, especially when he's being sweet with Charlie--Sammy's definitely on the fast track to becoming the world's best big brother.


and
 then, she {snapped}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...