homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, August 3, 2012

High-flyin' fun


As I was driving along I-10 the other day, I noticed a new billboard on the side of the road advertising the War Eagles Air Museum in Santa Theresa, New Mexico.  I made a mental note to check it out online as soon as I got home, because I knew a certain little boy would probably love it.  Turns out I know Sammy pretty well...if you look closely at the photo above, you can see the exact moment at which Sammy's mind was blown--he spent most of the time exploring the giant hanger and saying things like, "Whoa!" and "Oh, wow!"


Sammy was in complete and utter heaven and on his best behavior the entire time.  Even though he wanted to touch all of the planes, Sammy did a great job of listening to me and my mom and managed to look only with his eyes.


In addition to a huge collection of vintage aircraft, the museum also had a really nice display of classic cars from the 1920s through the 1970s.  Sammy had a great time pointing out all of the "fast" cars (i.e. any of the red ones) and telling us the different sounds that they make.


The highlight of the entire trip, however, was the one and only helicopter on exhibit.  Sammy kept walking back o the corner where it was displayed and saying, "hi helicopter!" and then making helicopter noises.  He would get rather upset when we walked around the hanger and he couldn't see it anymore--I think we probably did a total of four laps around the 64,000 square foot building just so he could see it over and over again. 


I'm pretty sure that this week's visit will be the first of many trips that we take to the War Eagles Air Museum--this is one obsession of Sammy's that I have no problem indulging.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Vallon had that same face at the zoo that I captured! He loves animals!

That place is fantastic! I love when we find the perfect place we know the kids would love!

Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
Lori

Tonya said...

Sammy looks so tiny next to that propeller plane!

Kim said...

All of that walking around and no labor? Oh well, at least Sammy had a great time. It looks pretty awesome.

Bunch of Barrons said...

Glad he had fun!

Sarah Halstead said...

So awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...