homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Momma in Focus: black and white

This week's prompt for Momma in Focus is black and white; for once, I actually remembered to do this before it was too late to take advantage of the gorgeous May afternoon yesterday (yes, I still waited until the day before to do it, but still).  My original idea was to somehow figure out a way to set up the shot so that Sammy and I would be silhouetted against the afternoon sun with awesome sun flares all around.  Unfortunately, that didn't quite work out, especially since the only place to actually attempt this was in the main road behind the townhouse so I quickly ran out of patience between wrangling Sammy, the camera and trying to not get hit by a passing car.  So I went with plan b, which was sitting in the grassy area across from the house.  I think it turned out pretty well, although it would have been nice if I had been able to get Sammy to look at the camera.  Eh, close enough.


Be sure to check out the other lovely photos this week by clicking below--
and don't forget to show Casey some love.

One Day At A Time

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Nice! You've done so well to get Sammy to "behave" in photos before, can't win them all! Still a great shot though!

Casey Martinez said...

I love love the angle of this shot!! I might have to steal this idea sometime as I haven't taken one of us looking up like that. Creative and the black and white on this makes it feel so timeless!! Great capture L;0. and happy friday to you!

Ashley Sisk said...

I agree with Casey - the angle is totally working. So Sammy isn't looking up, but you look amazing.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Beautiful shot- I love the perspective!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...