homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Team Cloth


I hosted my first Cloth 101 session for Abby's Lane this past Saturday; it was a pretty low-key event with five people in attendance (not including toddlers and babies), but I think it went rather well.  Everyone seemed to enjoy getting their hands on the various different kinds of diapers and inserts that I had available--I definitely wish I had been able to attend something similar back when I was first looking into going the cloth route!


One of the hot topics during the session was night-time diapering and the different systems out there to keep your baby dry throughout the night, which gave me the perfect opportunity to show off the new diapers that Sammy's been wearing at night (he just recently outgrew his adorable Gen-Y covers from a few months back).  I purchased this set-up about a week ago and I am totally in love with it--no more leaks and Sammy's back to sleeping until 8 am or later because of the increased absorbency.


Here's how it all breaks down: the first layer is a Knickernappies fleece stay-dry liner, which does exactly what it says (how novel!).  The second layer is a Sustainable Babyish organic cotton fitted with a heavy-duty three-layer snap-in soaker.  This is then followed by the third layer composed of a Joey Bunz hemp insert placed on top of the fitted.  Last but certainly not least is a Bummis Super Brite cover to keep everything nice and leak-proof.  The best part about this new system?   Sammy shouldn't size out of this for quite some time; he's currently wearing a large fitted and cover on their smallest settings; and when he does outgrow them, these brands all come in an extra-large size so Sammy should be covered in that department until he's potty-trained, thank goodness.  Seriously--if you have a heavy night-wetter (and/or a giant baby), you should give this combination a try. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Since your last post about finding the perfect overnight combination, I started searching high and low for something that would work. I stumbled upon some Blueberry pocket diapers that have a soaker already sewed in, which work wonders when paired with a hemp/cotton soaker and another cotton insert in the pocket. Thanks for inspiring me to keep looking for the perfect nighttime combination!

- Jessi - said...

Very cool, that diaper is too cute!

Casey Martinez said...

I am going to pass your info along to my girl friend who uses cloth diapers. She would appreciate this post but, I wanna say I think these are the cutest pictures ever!!!! WOW! that first one should be in an advertisement!!

Anonymous said...

How cool. So cute.

Melissa said...

Oh I wish I had read this two years ago - I always had to use disposables at night - with a wool soaker over the disposable, my oldest was such a heavy wetter... way to go mama!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I love the idea of cloth diapers I just didnt know how to go about it. we are out of diapers now but way cute.

Anonymous said...

I really need to get out and get those! We've been struggling, some nights are good others he wakes up soaked! Maybe I'll hit up Abby's lane this weekend...

Amie said...

I want that diaper with hello cloth. Did you get that at Abby's Lane?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...