homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, February 27, 2012

A recipe recap


I've been slacking off to the extreme in regards to meal making around here; food has just not been doing it for me lately.  But that doesn't stop me from perusing some of my favorite web sites in the hopes that something, anything, will actually entice me.  And then I saw it--a beef stew chock full of yummy veggies and egg noodles.  I looked the recipe over and it seemed pretty straight forward, so Sammy and I headed off to the grocery store to get all of the needed supplies.  I made it for dinner last night and it turned out pretty well, although I may try making it again with some slight modifications so that the stew turns out a little thicker (I bet it's going to be even better as leftovers for lunch).  Sammy's favorite part was the noodles and potatoes--he's a kid after my own heart.


I decided to strike while the iron was hot and picked up the necessary ingredients to make a few smoothie recipes that I've had my eye on for a while now, too.  Sammy and I taste-tested a blueberry-cucumber smoothie yesterday (I know, I know, it sounds gross, but it was actually pretty good) and we've also got all of the ingredients to make a peach, berry and spinach smoothie, so that's going to be on the menu at some point today.  I've been trying to find a way to get more greens into our diet, so I'm hoping that this unusual smoothie will be a winner--especially since Captain Husband can't stand spinach on its own.  Have you tried any new recipes in the kitchen lately?

and
 then, she {snapped}


Oh, and before I forget, if you have a moment please go on over to Ramblings and Photos where you can vote for Sandy Cat's love letter to Kitty Paw--she's listed as number 10. Sandy Cat and I thank you!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Um, recipe woman... :)

Looks yummo!

Tonya said...

A spinach smoothie - interesting...my kids will eat baby spinach in salads, but not so much the adult stuff - probably because I'm not too crazy about it either.

I'll Love You Forever said...

He is too cute!! That food looks delicious :)

Gretchen said...

I look at those smoothie recipes and have fruit/veg in the freezer ready to go, but I hate drinking breakfast and can't think of another time to drink them. Are they meal substitutes or snacks?

Made dinner tonight - baked tofu in peanut sauce from veg times - and it has been a while since I cooked too!

Veronica Lee said...

The food looks delish, L!

I pinned your blog under "Favourite Blog" on Pinterest!

Lori said...

That looks so delish! I bookmarked the recipe for a day to cook it, thanks!

And I did vote for your love letter to Kitty Paw, it is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...