homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wordless{ish} Wednesday: A few fun finds


{You might be wondering just what's been keeping me busy these days, or at least busy enough to be dropping the ball left and right in regards to keep up this blog.  Well, I'll tell you--I've been busy finding fabulous vintage things all over the place thanks to local thrift shops and estate sales.  If I keep this up I really am going to have to consider opening up my own little vintage store.  Captain Husband thinks I'm nuts for buying quilts when we live in the desert, but we won't always live in El Paso, right?}


{I found this lovely Arts and Crafts drop-front desk at an estate sale a few weeks ago; the estate was of a couple who had owned their own antique store, so going through their house and giant garage had me feeling like a kid in a candy store.}


{This stunning step-back cupboard came from the same estate; it had been hidden at the very back of the garage and no one seemed to notice it.  Of course, they probably had more sense than me and realized that moving an 8' tall and 4' wide ONE-PIECE cupboard just wasn't worth the trouble.  Thank goodness the ceiling in my garage is high; this thing just barely fit inside with only a few inches to spare.  The movers are going to hate me the next time we have to PCS.}


{And last, but not least, is one of my favorite thrifted treasures: a full set of vintage Lustro Ware yellow kitchen canister set, bread box, and salt and pepper shakers.  I honestly don't think they've ever been used--the bread box still has the Good Housekeeping seal of approval sticker on it.  I found them at a thrift store in New Mexico and nearly did a little dance when I realized that the bread box was filled with the other things and that they were all included in the already ridiculously low price.  I think these might be my best thrift store find to date!}

5 comments:

Maeve's Momma said...

LOVE the yellow Lustro ware! What a find! SO excited we may get to shop together - I want to learn from the master!

Gretchen said...

Seriously - how big is your house?!

jax from the harmon squad said...

LOVE it all! Especially that giant cabinet! And if you ever need to get rid of some quilts you know who to call... (and the movers always hate me when we PCS. Rob and I joke that we have too many hobbies between the two of us.)

Mrs. F said...

Beautiful treasures! Love the blue and green quilt!!

Qasim Khan said...

Thnaks for sharing nice blog Love Shayari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...