homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, August 18, 2008

The hubby has landed

Got word from the husband earlier this evening that the trip went about as smoothly as one could expect and that he and the rest of his group are now safe and sound in Kansas.  He has internet access and a semi-private room, so he's pretty happy right now.  The only down side is that he forgot to bring his good combat boots with him, so I'll be overnighting them to him as soon as he can get his hands on an address there.  Apparently this morning, before they put everyone on a bus to go to the airport, there was a little pep-talk of sorts followed by coffee and donuts.  Due to time and work constraints, I couldn't attend the final send off, but fortunately for me, one of the people involved in the FRG (Family Readiness Group, for those of you who are Army-acronym challenged like myself) took a bunch of pictures and posted them on a shared website.  Here's the hubby in all of his uniformed glory:



Oh captain, my captain! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...