Sunday, April 25, 2010
Finials annual garden sale took place today, but due to the threat of inclement weather, we only brought about 1/2 of our spring garden delights to the store. And of course the sun was out in full force for most of the day! Not to worry though; we'll bring in the rest of the goodies next Sunday, May 2, and everything in the store will be 10% off. So if you were unable to make it today, there's always next week to find that perfect something that you didn't even know you needed! I won't actually be working next weekend, but I might still make the trek to DC just to check out all of the new stuff that didn't make it to the shop this week. Anyone interested in tagging along?
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Here's a short video I took of the monster recovering after having a catheter put in to help flush her kidneys earlier this week. Not even the cone of shame can keep her from purring like an eighteen-wheeler downshifting on the freeway. All of the fluids seemed to have done the trick; blood work taken yesterday shows that her kidneys are functioning normally again and her insulin levels are right where they're supposed to be, so I was able to bring her home last night. I'm going to have to bring her back in to the vet's about every other day or so for additional fluids to be administered and possibly change her diet to something more "renal" friendly, but those are small sacrifices to make if it means keeping Trish happy and healthy. The vet thinks she may have possibly had some kidney stones and that would explain her kidney values being all over the place, plus her lack of an appetite and vomiting over the weekend. It's rough being an old lady cat, but Trish is a fighter and has never been one to let something like age slow her down.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Yowza-it's been nearly three weeks since my last post. A lot has gone on since then, and since I'm still recovering from the Philadelphia Antiques Show, I'll just run down the list, bullet-point style.
- Captain Husband received his orders for Korea; he'll be leaving on July 27th (he's already purchased his tickets and everything). Much freaking out on my part ensued, but I'm mostly over that now.
- I went to New Jersey for Easter weekend and visited with my father-in-law, Cosmo, and CH's grandparents; it was great catching up and everyone is super excited for the first grand/great-grandchild.
- My cat, Sandy, managed to break my closet. As in accidentally pull down half of the shelving and clothing in one fell swoop at 3 am. I've bought replacement hardware and yeah, that's about as far as I've gotten.
- CH managed to make it home for our baby party on April 10th and my best friend Aubree' flew up from Atlanta to host; Julianne made awesome cupcakes in ice cream cones and everyone had a great time. FuzziBunz were out in full force. Aw, yeah.
- My other cat, Tricia, stopped eating while I was in Philadelphia, which necessitated a trip to the veterinarian's, who decided that she needed to have a catheter inserted for constant fluids and then be monitored for three days. Fortunately, since having the catheter put in, Trish has started eating with a vengeance, so she should be coming home this weekend.
- My little brother came down to do some jewelry shopping for a certain special someone and I got to help; so exciting!