homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wordless{ish} Wednesday: Thrift store goodies


{It's been so long since I've had the opportunity to leisurely poke around the local thrift stores; usually I have Sammy in tow and it's not long before he's trying to climb out of the shopping cart so he can play with all of the toys on display.  But I was able to escape for a few hours this Sunday while Captain Husband stayed home with Sammy while he napped.  In addition to a few summer outfits that I scored for Sammy, I also found some really great fabric, including these adorable semi-completed cafe curtains in turquoise gingham.  Now all I need to do is line them and add the pom-pom trim and then I'll have some super cute curtains for the kitchen.}


{As you can see, the kitchen is terribly in need of some window treatments--also CH is tired of being blinded by the evening sun every time we sit down to eat dinner.}


{In addition to the curtains and the clothing, I also scored four large rolls of fabulous vintage yellow-on-chrome wallpaper from the 60s.  Now why do I need four large rolls of vintage wallpaper?  Um, I'm really not sure to be honest.  But I do know that one of these days I'll happen to come across a piece of furniture or something that needs a little TLC and *pow* I'll have the perfect makeover for it.  What's the neatest thing you've ever come across while scouring second-hand shops?}


9 comments:

Maeve's Momma said...

The wallpaper would be a great pick-me-up for the backing of a hutch!

Anonymous said...

I just saw an article making envelopes out of wall paper. I might be on an envelope kick.lol. I am heading to the thrift stores today! Cant wait to see what I find. Ps. It's about 6 hours between us. Maybe we can work out a half way point. :)

James and Kate said...

You mean Sammy no longer enjoys thrifting or antiquing? I bet you miss the good ole days at DC Flea with Sammy in the Bjorn and you free to manhandle objects :)

Speaking of which...DC Flea was last weekend and I scored a really cool outdoor food cover in mesh (not like the cloth you see today), a plant stand, a couple of flower/sap buckets, and I almost bought a great kitchen cart-chopping block-desk but it had sold by the time Molly and I made it back to the vendor. Just wasn't meant to be....

bird and tree said...

I love thrifting too!!! looks like you found some great stuff too! I have a stockpile of "I will use these someday" thrifted items...but they, of course, will be used...! Love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I love them.I can't wait to see the curtains up.

Veronica Lee said...

I love yellow! It's such a cheerful colour.

Can't wait to see the makeover!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful yellow.

Regards and best wishes

Lori said...

Loving the colors! I bought the daycare kids toys from thrift stores! love your table, I used to have one, red and white.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Completely in love with those colors. Such treasures to be found!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...