homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Prepare for the Catpocalypse


The husband and I have been toying around with the idea of adding another furry feline to our family for some time; whenever we both had a free Saturday or Sunday we'd go to adoption days at some of the local pet stores and ooh and aah over the cuddly kittens and cats. The only problem is that my cat, Tricia, or the Trish-monster as she is affectionately referred to, has a bit of a dominance issue. I mean, she bearly tolerates my presence, and that is likely due to the fact that I feed her and sometimes give her treats. She's a bit grumpy, but I figure she's earned a little of her curmudgeon-like attitude at the age of twelve; no one could argue that Trish is without a personality, that's for sure. An evil personality still counts, right? I kid, I kid.

Anyhow, in the last month or so that the husband's been gone, I've been thinking more and more about adopting a rescued cat. I was browsing Craigslist.org and stumbled across a little cutie by the name of Josie; like Trish, she's a diluted tortie and is 3-4 years old (about the same age Trish was when I adopted her) and is declawed. I immediately forwarded the link to the husband for his thoughts and he was all for it. Fast forward to today and I've been emailing Josie's foster mom and now have an appointment for tomorrow evening for a home visit and face-to-furry-face meeting with Josie at my place. I'm very excited though worried that Trish might attempt to eat her or blow her up. Josie's foster mom has assured me that Josie gets along very well with other cats and has had no problem sticking up for herself, so hopefully all will go well and I'll soon have two bi-polared tortie girls to deal with. Ah yes, crazy cat lady land, here I come.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Nah, you're only crazy with three ;) I look forward to possibly meeting the new edition this weekend - good luck!

jennai said...

That was the great post with funny things thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...