homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mistletoe Memories

The sweet and lovely Eschelle over at Mumfection is hosting a holiday-themed blog hop, so I thought I would share the story of my Christmas ornament collection.  My maternal grandmother used to collect Hallmark ornaments--specifically the Nostalgic Houses and Shops series, which first came out in 1984.  Every year I would search her tree for the newest one--tiny little furniture and Christmas decorations filled the rooms of each one; they were like miniature dollhouses and I was just fascinated by them.  When my grandma passed away in 2003 I inherited her ornament collection.  Wanting to keep my grandma's tradition alive, my mom bought me the next ornament in the series as a Christmas gift that year and its become our own Christmas tradition now.   Every year I hang the ornaments on my tree and I'm reminded of my grandma and all of the happy Christmases that I spent with her.  Here are a few shots of the newest ornament in the series, hung with joy on my tree:



Want to share your holiday story? Click below to participate:

Mumfection

2 comments:

kitten said...

wow, that's a nice ornament! I can see how a little girl would be so fascinated!

from mel said...

do they still sell these ornaments? my heart just melted. they are absolutely precious. if i were a kid (which i kind of still am) i would sit and look at those for.hours. love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...