homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Drum roll, please

After four days of working non-stop, Sammy now has a room of his own. Woo hoo!



The valance was my mom's first "no-sew" project and an Ikea hack to boot; I bought an inexpensive fleece throw for its cool scalloped and pierced edging and my mom used heat-n-bond to hem it and then added GIANT rickrack trimming.  I don't think it could have turned out any better.  The pompom mobile hanging over the changing table is a little something I made using wire hangers and decorations leftover from my wedding.


I found the vintage crib mobile on Etsy; most of the art work is by friends and artists that I met when I lived in Philadelphia several years ago.


My mom saw the owl lamp at Target and couldn't resist--it's a great addition to the room (especially since I haven't finished spray painting the vintage sconces that are going to hang on either side of the mirror).


The raccoon is a vintage wooden lawn ornament that I found in Manassas.  He was just too cute to pass up.


I took the doors off of the closet and replaced them with no-sew fabric panels that I made using Ikea fabric (no doors=more floor and wall space).  I found the rocker on a trip home to Pennsylvania about four years ago for $25 (!).


A detail shot of some of the toys on the shelves--I love me some vintage Fisher Price and can't wait until Sammy is old enough to play with them.


And last, but certainly not least, the lockers.  They were a gift from my parents; my dad salvaged them from a building being renovated a couple of years ago.  The child's cat-and-dogs coat rack is vintage as is the "How Tall am I" measuring stick hanging to the left of the lockers (I've been stocking up for a kid's room long before Sammy was a glimmer in Captain Husband's eyes).

Here's the nitty gritty in case anyone is interested:

Paint:
Pelican by Valspar (on the walls)
Petrol Blue by Valspar (on the changing table)

Textiles:
Valance- Polarvide throw by Ikea
Closet curtains- Fredrika fabric by Ikea
Crib bedding, pillow and changing cover- Owls by Dwell Studio

Furniture:
Crib- Craigslist
Changing table- found in my friend's basement (free!); See the before and after here
Lockers- vintage salvage
Rocker- Route 19 Antiques, Canonsburg
Mission shelves- Finials Antiques
Wall shelves- Ekby Jarpen/Ekby Bjarnum by Ikea

Artwork:
Samantha Simpson
Andrew Jeffrey Wright
Michael W. Hall

Accessories:
Lamp- Target
Nightlight- Spoka by Ikea
Vintage crib mobile- SweetLilyStudio on Etsy
Vintage mirror- On a Whim Antiques
Vintage raccoon- Iron Horse Antiques

Everything else: Local thrift shops and/or my personal collection of random awesomeness (I totally went "shopping" in my house)

12 comments:

ohboy said...

Wow you did a fantastic job!

Julianne said...

Laura, it looks really great! What a job you guys did. I'd love to freshen up L's room - feel like tackling it?

Gretchen said...

Looks fantastic! I'm amazed how many details you girls got through in the last few days. Good job :)

Mrs. F said...

What a beautiful room! I love the vintage look. You did such an amazing job, I might just have to hire you when the time comes to decorate our own baby room..... :-)

Ashley Sisk said...

That looks awesome! When I have a baby...can you do mine?

Emily Roe said...

so adorable!! love it!

kitten said...

You did an awesome job! It looks like the photos are from an interior design magazine. :)

Lou said...

so how much do you charge? lol girl you did awesome i am so excited! It looks so pro!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

I think you need to come and finish my baby's room... thanks!!! :D The room turned out lovely!

Lori said...

So cute! I can't wait to see the new babies room!

Ready Deals Now said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...