homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Jingle Bell Swing! (and a special thank you)

I made a Christmas mix cd of some of my favorite Christmas music for my MilSpouse Secret Santa.  It's a fun mix of vintage classics--some you may know and love and others you may have never heard before.  Since it's the season of giving, I thought I'd offer to share it with anyone interested in a copy.  All you have to do is send an email to eltothethird[at]gmail[dot]com with your name and address by Thursday, December 16th; I'll be taking them to the post office on Friday so the cds should arrive just in time for Christmas. 


Speaking of the MilSpouse Secret Santa, a special delivery arrived on Friday; I excitedly opened the box and unwrapped the contents to find A Child's Book of Old Verses selected and illustrated by Jesse Willcox Smith (New York: The Dial Press, Inc., 1935):


I was speechless.  I have been looking for a copy of this book at every antique shop and mall that I've come across since I was pregnant with Sammy.  Seriously (plus, I love the artwork of Jesse Willcox Smith--I was actually *this* close to getting one of her pieces as a tattoo a couple years ago).  I can't wait to start reading this to Sammy.  Thank you so much, Katie--I love it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very pleased that you liked it!! I stumbled upon it and thought, "even if she doesn't like it, I can't pass it up. It's so beautiful!" Merry Christmas!

kitten said...

That's really very generous of you to do this Christmas. Happy for you tat you got the book! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post about giving!

Kirsty Girl said...

Lovely!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Oh, that's an awesome gift!

Veronica Lee said...

What a sweet post!

Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...