homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Taking down the tree


Captain Husband and I resolved to take all of the Christmas decorations down this weekend, and for once, we actually stuck to the plan.  We managed to get everything organized and put away in record time, even with Sammy and Sandy Cat "helping."


And by helping, I mean eating the aluminum tree, stealing ornaments, throwing tantrums when not allowed to play with said ornaments, and removing everything that had been nicely packed away and placing it haphazardly all over the floor.


I already miss the warm glow of the lights of the Christmas tree--the living room seems so much darker now.  And the mantel is so bare without my creepy/vintage elves and other decorations.  I suppose this just means I'll need to start working on my Valentine's Day decorations because I currently have zero in my home decor arsenal.


And just for fun, here's one last Christmas-inspired bokeh shot; I had to get just one more before I put everything away.  Do any of you still have your decorations up? 

11 comments:

Maeve's Momma said...

Nope, we put all ours away before my parents left town - too melancholic otherwise. And I highly recommend both craft stores and Pier 1 for good V-day decor.

Tonya said...

Kitty cats, toddlers, and glittery Christmas decoration does not a good combination make! I applaud you for getting everything packed away. Our tree is still up. Fortunately, people 'round these parts tend to keep their holiday decor up for a bit after the festivities have died down. But it's time...

Gretchen said...

I still have everything up. But have putting it away on the to-do list. The hurdle is getting all the packing boxes down out of the attic :(

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful captures!

Kim, USA

Unknown said...

I had to wait and take the tree down while my son was sleeping. He was so upset that it was gone when he woke up the next morning that we spent the entire day creating a new tree out of duplos to stand where the old tree was.

Sarah said...

We took everything down when we came back from the Lake. I just couldn't stand the clutter anymore. Even though our living room is a nice size the tree took up some much needed space. However, I miss the warm glow, too!

Lori said...

I had to look outside to see if our deer were still in the front yard. haha! They were just put away today! Love that first shot it's so beautiful!

Lori

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh how I love those magenta ornaments. Beautiful. Our Christmas came down the Thursday before New Years and that was actually late for us since Christmas was on a Sunday. Just sort of happened that way with the schedules this year.

Ashley Sisk said...

Now that you're done there, can you do my house? I still haven't done mine.

Mycharmingcolors said...

we put ours away last week.... I wanted to get up some valentines decorations :-)

Just did a DIY on my blog on how to make a crochet valentine heart garland, I bet you could totally make it and your home would look so cheerful :-)

www.mylittlemustache.com

Melissa said...

Our tree finally made its' exist this past weekend, too. I totally can relate to the "helpful" cat and toddler :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...