homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, January 10, 2011

A Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower


My friend, Elizabeth, is expecting a baby girl this March so a bunch of her friends got together and threw her a shower this weekend to celebrate; the theme was Eric Carle's Very Hungry Caterpillar, a favorite book of Elizabeth's.  I had a lot of fun with this theme and made a caterpillar banner and personalized stickers using printable sticker paper that I stuck on 3" rainbow-colored whirly pops for the favors--I was pleasantly surprised with how well they turned out especially since I didn't really have any idea as to what I was doing and just winged it.  (I volunteered my house for the party as it was centrally located and the most convenient for everyone, so my mom and I spent most of Friday in a cleaning frenzy trying to get the place ready for guests; as a result, this is the cleanest that my house has been in ages.)



The menu was taken care of by the other co-hosts, the awesome and talented Jen C., Dawn, and Jen D.  Dawn had a lot of fun making cupcakes in keeping with the theme and they definitely tasted as good as they looked.



Jen C. is expecting her own bundle of joy in April, so here's a picture of the two preggo pals hanging out during the party.  Later, Elizabeth opened her gifts, one of which was an adorable bird mobile made by Jen C.



Sammy was on his very best behavior that day and charmed the pants off of most of the guests; as an added bonus, he took an hour and a half nap right in the middle of the party, which left my hands free to take photos.



It was a wonderful afternoon and I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of this happy and exciting time in Elizabeth's life; I'm really looking forward to meeting Baby Girl when she makes her arrival this March.  (You can see the rest of the photos from the shower by clicking here.)

7 comments:

ohboy said...

Wow great job! Such a cute theme and yay for Sammy being such a good boy!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Looks like a lovely party! Great job!

Jess said...

Awe! What a cute theme!!! I love that book too :)

kitten said...

What a nice party. I love themed parties. Great job!

Anonymous said...

so cute!

Unknown said...

That mobile was soooooo adorable!! I love the theme, too!!!

sprin063 said...

LOVE your ideas! Any chance you'd be willing to share the welcome sign for me to use for my SIL's baby shower coming up?

My email: s.prince.ware@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
Stephanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...