homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Old friends

Thanks to Facebook (something I never thought I'd say), I learned that Doug, one of my oldest friends from my Philadelphia days, was going to be in DC on Friday.   A few messages back and forth and we soon had plans to meet on the National Mall to grab some lunch and catch up. Sammy and I took the Metro into the city and met Doug in front of the Museum of Natural History, where we originally planned to walk around a bit and check out the dinos, but the fact that approximately 8902637 school children had the same idea had us quickly changing our plans.  The three of us enjoyed the beautiful weather as we headed to a nearby Potbelly's for lunch where we spent the next two and a half hours catching up and trading stories from our glory days in the city of brotherly love.

Meeting Doug 500

We were later joined by Doug's fiancee, Nora, who is a total sweetheart. (Doug--if you're reading this, she's a keeper, but I think you already know that.)  We talked some more and enjoyed some of Potbelly's delicious milkshakes, but soon it was time to catch our train and head back to northern Virginia, where our next adventure awaited (seriously, this weekend was non-stop action--there will be more on that tomorrow.  Can you feel the suspense?).

Hanging out with Doug and Nora

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Potbelly's. You are so cruel to mention that.

Casey Martinez said...

I love catching up with old friends! So cool that you two were able to. Sammy is too freaking cute. I love his blue eyes!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Great photos.

Gina Kleinworth said...

That is really cool- it's always so great seeing friends that you haven't for a while!

Kim said...

It us so nice to catch up with old friends. Glad you could get together. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...