homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Foto Friday: Upside down

Posing for mom's new lens

My brother, John, has spent the past few days helping me out with Sammy so that I can get some work done on the house before Captain Husband comes home on Sunday.  Yes, you read that correctly--CH comes home in TWO DAYS.  Am I ready?  I sure hope so.  Anyway, it's been great having John around; I'm still amazed at how much more two people can do when it comes to child-rearing and whatnot, especially when it comes to certain things like bathing and diapering a cranky, fussy little boy.  Two {sets of} hands are definitely better than one.

In completely unrelated news, I received an exciting delivery today: my new "nifty fifty" lens, which was my birthday present from CH.  I excitedly attached it to my camera and set about trying it out while John and Sammy horsed around:

Upside down 500

Horsing around with Unky Bum 500

Be sure to check out the other lovely photos this week by clicking below; 
best wishes to all of my readers for a great weekend and a happy father's day!

12 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

It's about time CH made an appearance and your brother is great. Love these pictures and enjoy your new lens!

Tonya said...

L, Sammy is just gorgeous - those eyes just kill me!

I'm so happy for you that CH is coming home! Best wishes for a happy reunion!

Lou said...

omg sammy is getting so handsome. you better watch out he is gonna be a heart breaker!

kayerj said...

how fun, I don't know why baby's like to hang upside down but they do. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Tina´s PicStory said...

Sweet :)

Nancy said...

Jealous about your new lens -- I hope you enjoy it! Your photos are marvelous -- your little guy is adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and Sammy to have CH home! Sammy is so gorgeous, great pictures!

Kim said...

This is a great shot of Sammy. I am so happy that your husband is coming home.
Congrats on the new lens. I have the same one. I love it. Everyone kept saying to buy the 1.4 instead of the 1.8, but I couldn't afford that. It is just a hobby after all. :P I love the difference with indoor shots. I have barely taken mine off since getting it. You are gonna love it!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those are some great shots! So excited to hear that the hubs is coming home! Super nice of him to get you that lens. I know that when I buy my camera- that is the one thing I will add to the basket. I hear that one can not really live without it.

Heather Parker said...

Love those piercing eyes. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time with CH!! I love these photos. Sammy is so adorable!

Veronica Lee said...

Sammy has beautiful eyes!! What gorgeous shots!

Enjoy your new lens and have a wonderful time with your hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...