homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Technical difficulties


It has not been a good week for me in regards to technology: on Monday, Sammy dropped my iPhone into the toilet at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  Fortunately we have insurance for just such reasons, and within twenty-four hours a new iPhone was in my hands.  Except that it wasn't new.  It was refurbished.  I promptly tested out the new-to-me phone and quickly discovered that I could neither make nor receive phone calls from my house.  This wasn't really going to work for me (especially as we don't have a land line here), so I loaded Sammy into the car and headed off to the nearest Verizon store to see if there was something up with my phone.  The sales associate that I spoke with assured me that it was a problem on Verizon's end with local coverage and that it would be resolved by yesterday afternoon.  Well, I still can't make or receive phone calls, regardless of where I'm located, so I'm afraid that I'm going to be spending some time at the Verizon store again today trying to figure out just what exactly is going on.

As if that wasn't already annoying, I went onto my laptop last night to sign into Skype, which is now the only method I have to actually talk to Captain Husband while he's in Albuquerque this week.  The laptop freezes.  No big deal--I restart it and wait.  And wait.  And wait.  The laptop will not advance beyond the start-up screen.  I try restarting it a second time.  Then a third time.  Still stuck at the start-up.  I don't know whether to scream or cry, but I don't want to wake Sammy, so I do neither.  Fortunately we have a desktop computer, so I'm not completely cut off from the world wide web, but I'm very very scared that my hard drive is totally shot and that all of my photos are now gone forever.  Hence why you are looking at a photo of an awesome dragonfly that I photographed a few weeks ago--all of the photos that I've taken over these past few days are now completely inaccessible to me at the moment (and I had some really good ones in there, too), so I'm afraid you're stuck with something from the archives today.  It's said that bad things happen in threes, so I guess it shouldn't really come as a surprise to me that the television in the master bedroom will no longer turn on.  Ugh.

The Daily Wyatt

9 comments:

Maeve's Momma said...

Oh man, I don't know what you did to offend the techie gods, but it must have been a doozy! Hope things get up and running soon!

Unknown said...

HOLY MOLEY!!!! THAT'S FREAKIN AWFUL.
:(
I would freak FREAK out if I last any pictures! I totally hope that doesn't happen to you. I hope you get them all back and for you phone. totally know how you feel mine does the same (no iPhone for me though) You can totally chat with me on FB if you need a outlet lady. I'm down. :)

Unknown said...

Oh ps I do love your picture. (and I spelled a ton of things wrong in that post. ugh.)

NHGirl said...

Your hard drive may still be able to be salvaged. I had a similar situation (on deployment, too!... damn that Murphy), and fortunately knew a computer techie friend who saved all my personal documents. The hard drive had to be replaced, but if you catch it before the entire drive is corrupt, you might be able to save some of your stuff.

Bummer!! I know how much that sucks! :(

Kids are great at dropping phones, aren't they?

jax from the harmon squad said...

Oh man, sending you a hug!! Why can't stuff like a toaster or curling iron break? Why is it always the stuff we can't live without and crazy expensive to replace that has issues? I hope it's just a hiccup and not disastrous... and something a husband can fix! :)

Unknown said...

wow great shot!

Light Trigger: OUR ENTRY

padre said...

Did you look at Sammy and say, "Look what you did, you little jerk!"? Maybe that's why I'm going to be the mean uncle :)

Tonya said...

My question is: did you have to fish the phone out of the toilet? Yuck! Oh, I hope you can salvage your photos! I'm in a similar boat if our desktop computer konks out.

Sarah said...

I lost all of my photos earlier this year when my hard drive fried. Not good. Did I learn my lesson start backing everything up? Nope. Must run in the family or something...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...