homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shoot and Edit: Sammy in the shadows


Sammy and I were goofing off the other morning while still in our pajamas and, like usual, I had the camera out in an effort to capture any cute moments as they occurred.  I managed to take quite a few candid photos, but for some reason this particular one just really speaks to me.  I can't quite explain it--I don't know if it's the moment of quiet contemplation that I managed to capture or the drama of the lighting...whatever the reason, it's compelling to me and as soon as I downloaded the image onto my computer, I knew how I wanted to edit it.  However, you're going to have to come back on Thursday to see what I did because I'm a tease like that.

Speaking of Thursday, Sammy and I are going to be flying to Pennsylvania that morning.  This will mark Sammy's first time on an airplane and my first time flying solo with a toddler.  If anyone has any tried and true tips for traveling with a little one, let me know in the comments.  I have a feeling I'm going to need every trick in the book at my disposal!

Want to learn how to edit your photos so that they go from good to wow? Click below:


4 comments:

Sarah said...

I have no pointers for flying with a toddler because 1. I do not have a toddler and 2. after my trip to Africa I have developed a huge fear to flying. BUT I just wanted to say I can't wait to see you! Henry can't wait to meet you two. Sammy will be his first "play" date!

Ashley Sisk said...

That lighting is really sweet - don't lose that in the edit. As for your flight...drugs? I'm kinda kidding. Just bring lots of activities.

Sarah said...

Sure you don't want to stay in PA all the way through Christmas? I fear Sammy will be all grown up before I see him again!!!

Kim said...

I love this shot. I can't wait to see the final result.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...