So here's my edited version of my photo from Tuesday; I didn't want to do anything too drastic to it, other than fix the slight green color cast and crop out the bottle that held the tree topper upright for the photo. Here's what I did in picnik:
- Manually adjusted the white balance to compensate for the green tones in the SOOC shot; I skewed a little warm with this, just because I liked the overall tones that doing so created.
- Cropped the photo.
- Manually adjusted the contrast to make the tree topper pop a bit more.
- Manually darkened the shadows just a touch.
- For fun, I added one of picnik's featured Christmas textures at multiply and 90% fade to add the appearance of some flares amongst the bokeh lights in the background.
- Applied rounded corners and called it a night.
And don't forget--if you'd like to learn how to make your photos go from good to wow, be sure to check out what's going on over at Jill and Ashley's blogs: