homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, July 4, 2008

The tale of the dress

The weekend after the future hubby and I sat down and decided to just go and get married (we're super romantical), I went out with my sister-in-law and brother to browse through the selections at David's Bridal. At this point I had pretty much planned on having an outdoor wedding, so I knew that I wanted something a bit informal and cocktail-length. There were some pretty dresses there, but nothing that I was truly wild about (I was actually more into the bridesmaid dresses). I tried on a couple just to get a feel and discovered that white and ivory made me look like pale death. Hmm, not quite the look I was going for. It was about then that I realized that I had what could be a potential ace up my sleeve; my awesome and insanely talented friend, Julianne! I rounded up some pictures off of the interwebs and let her in on the big secret that I was going to be getting married and if she could make my dress (I did this with my fingers and toes crossed that she would say yes). Fortunately for me, the timing was right, and she was able and willing to take on the job. She sketched out a plan and then we met to discuss fabric choices and colors. I've got to say, having a dress made for you is the way to go. I don't have to worry about fit or my boobs falling out because she's already taken all of those things into account, plus I got to pick exactly what I wanted. I don't want to give too much away, because I'd like everyone to be pleasantly surprised when they see the pictures, so I'll just wrap this up now and leave you all with one of the web inspirations and Julianne's first sketch. Enjoy!
(Dress on left courtesy http://www.vintageous.com/)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...