✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Wedding eve

I apologize for the lack of posts lately, but the future hubby and I have been running around like mad these last few days preparing for our respective families to descend upon our humble abode. So I've been busy getting the house cleaned and vacuumed, putting fresh sheets on the bed, getting laundry washed, and perfecting my no-knead bread technique, which I totally cribbed from this awesome blogger, by the way. My brothers and sister-in-law will be staying in the house with us tonight, while our parents will be crashing at a hotel about 10 minutes away. We decided to have dinner here at our place, mainly because this way everyone can get to know each other and not worry about being too loud or obnoxious (things I tend to forget about when my family is involved). About 80% of the meal is being catered by Balducci's, "the food lover's market;" the other 20%, like the salad and *FRESHLY MADE* bread (BY ME!) have been taken care of from our end. I also made a raspberry trifle for desert, which I've always wanted to try but never really had a proper occasion for one (pics will follow once I have more than a few stolen moments on the computer)...hopefully it turned out well.

Early this morning, I went and took care of Jim's wedding surprise. The aesthetician gave me props for not yelling or kicking her in the face, so all in all I was pretty pleased...albeit sore. I think this picture does a pretty adequate job of expressing just how I'm feeling at the moment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...