homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Deals and steals

Babies are not cheap, which is why I try to buy as much gently used stuff for Sammy as I can. I probably hit up our local thrift store every other week (which is about how often Sammy seems to outgrow his clothing) and I've been taking advantage of some of the awesome consignment sales in the area. My excursion to the recent Just Between Friends sale yielded a Graco bumper jumper still in the box for $5 (normally retails for just under $30), a wipes warmer for $10, and a rain cover for the jogging stroller, new in the box, for $7. Here's Sammy enjoying his new bumper jumper (and rainbow-striped legwarmers--he's a steel town boy on a Saturday night):



A lot of consignment sales offer special previews to first-time mothers and military families, so be sure to take advantage of these offers when you can. I found a great website called Consignment Mommies that allows you to search for upcoming consignment sales by geographic region. The site also posts tips and tricks for successful consignment sale shopping, so be sure to check it out if you think consignment sales might be something you want to try out.

I'm actually considering taking part in one of the local consignment sales coming up in the next few weeks; it will get rid of some outgrown baby clothing and other accessories that we either no longer use or never got around to using in the first place (whoops)--and of course there's the whole financial benefit of participating. Dollar dollar bills, y'all.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Love consignment stores! We've got a great one in Southern NH which not only has baby and kid stuff, but clothes and shoes for mommy as well. Got a pair of practically new Sketchers ballet flats for $3!

kitten said...

Wow, I love steals! Thank you so much for sharing the link. I feel so bad now, I got Nadine rainbow leg warmers a few weeks ago for $12. Pffft!

Very cute video. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...