homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, October 17, 2011

An antiques detour


I love old stuff--can't get enough of it.  So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered the Whoopee Bowl, a large antiques mall off of I-10 just a few miles from the Texas-New Mexico border. 


While it didn't have the kind of vintage goodies that I normally go wild for, the Whoopee Bowl is definitely one of those places where you can find just about anything, like this 1940s Buick Eight:


Looking for a vintage oven or refrigerator?  I don't think I've seen so many examples of early twentieth-century appliances under one roof before (and then there are the ones that aren't under the roof).  If you are looking for the perfect piece to complete your vintage kitchen restoration, you definitely need to check out their selection:


Need some antique wagon wheels to add some southwestern flair to your decor?  Look no further:


Looking for that little bit of extra something to spruce up your yard?  How about a dinosaur?  (Yeah, they had those, too):


I'm still working on convincing Captain Husband that the only thing our new place is missing is a green brontosaurus, but I have a feeling it's going to be a while before I'm able to get him on board.


17 comments:

Maeve's Momma said...

Hey, a dinosaur is educational, right? ;) Looks like fun!

NHGirl said...

In my future home (i.e., post-Navy), I want my kitchen all decked out in Big Chill appliances. Unfortunately, the price tag seriously puts that plan in the "probably not gonna happen" category. But that stove is exactly what I have in mind- love it!!

M said...

I vote for the green brontosaurus. And a vintage fridge. If you could pick one out for me, and UPS it back here to VA, I'd appreciate it!

Ashley Sisk said...

This is right up my alley - how fun!

Gina Kleinworth said...

SO AWESOME- I would have a hay day in there- LOVE antiques, my house is filled with them.

Natalie Pozniak said...

Wow! I wish that I went to that Flea Market. Looks like a ton of great finds there. Happy Monday!

Tina´s PicStory said...

i like most the dino :) cool!

4 Lettre Words said...

I'm right there with you! I would be in heaven...and that name is so great. LOVE it.

Cedar said...

Fun shots! I love the dollar sign capture!

Lindsey said...

Ethan would go wild for that Dino!

Sarah said...

I think you should get the dino for Sammy's playroom =)

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Great shots. I love going to places like that.

Veronica Lee said...

I heart the green dino!! Cool!!


Happy Tuesday, L!

Stasha said...

Everyone could use a bit of a dinosaur in their life :) great finds!!

Lori said...

Hehe! I would love the dinosaur too! I know I would have made that detour! Oh boy!

Fighting Mama said...

Maybe you can just tell him you need more towels and bring home the brontosaurus after a heated argument about the fact that you actually do not need more towels.

A la this: http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

And then he will learn to just not say anything and let you get the flippin' dinosaur.

melifaif said...

Bwahahahaha....love your last line. Fun place...I wanna go just for a photo shoot. Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...