homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Everywhere a sign

This Saturday Sammy and I headed into Washington, DC, with my brother and his friend, Jim, to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.  We drove to Alexandria and then took the metro to the Arlington Cemetery station and walked the 2 1/2 miles to the National Mall where the rally was taking place.


There were tens of thousands of people in attendance--it was rather overwhelming but for the most part everyone was very courteous and respectful. We worked our way through the crowd to the Air and Space Museum and set up shop there.  We weren't able to hear much of anything other than the occasional musical interlude, so we entertained ourselves with people watching and checking out some of the awesome signs. Here were a few of my favorites:




 Want to see more signs?  Click here.

I was initially worried that the crowd would be too much for Sammy, but he handled himself with aplomb.  We even managed to get in a few very public diaper changes without any fussing.  I'm glad we were able to go and be a part of such an awesome gathering of people.

9 comments:

Nikki Cupcake said...

i wanted to go down so bad but i didn't think i was going to be healed enough for my recent c-section to go i also had the fear that a 14 month old won't work well in a crowd of people

but as i see you're little one got to be a part of something awesome without much issue

glad to see you had a good time!

Maeve's Momma said...

Jealous!!!!

kitten said...

Congratulations L! I say, file this under mini-milestones! :)

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

wow that must have been super neat!

Julianne said...

We went but sans Lillian. You saw how "well" she did at our party...

Mrs. F said...

Yes, what an amazing experience, so glad I could be apart of it. I love the Obama/More Cow Bell sign!

Gretchen said...

So sorry we missed each other!

Tonya said...

How cool! And brave of you to bring Sammy. Living in NH we get a lot of presidential primary visits, but they are usually when I've got the kids, and I'm afraid they will have a meltdown by a secret service person after waiting in line for three hours.

My Boss is Teething said...

I'm so jealous! I really wanted to go to the rally, but we had a packed weekend with Halloween activities. I was definitely there in spirit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...