homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, April 11, 2011

A spring celebration


My girlfriends and I decided that it was high time for another crafty gathering so I volunteered to host this time around; also on the agenda was celebrating several very belated birthdays, so I decided to go all out and make some real food for the get-together.  I should also point out that I haven't actually cooked or baked anything in what seems like months, so I was definitely biting off more than I could chew when I planned the menu for the afternoon, which was comprised of the following: spinach dip; mixed berry salad with mint; asparagus and gruyere tart (my first time attempting it); butternut squash soup; and for desert, a glazed lemon blueberry cake.  And because I had completely lost my mind, I dusted off the slow cooker and made a batch of fruity sweet potatoes for Sammy to enjoy.  Amazingly enough, everything turned out well and we proceeded to eat ourselves into a food coma, which was aided along by the adult beverages that we were all imbibing.



We never actually got around to doing any crafting, as we were too busy eating, drinking, and catching up.  And, of course, we had Sammy to keep us entertained (not too mention his fun collection of vintage toys and play food).  He was just lapping up the attention; after all, it's not every day that Sammy has three extra ladies around the house, ready and willing to meet his every whim and desire.  I know I definitely enjoyed the little break from caring for him 24/7--I didn't have to change or feed Sammy the entire afternoon.  It was awesome.




I only feel a tiny bit bad about the lack of crafting, but to be honest, I had spent so much time running around getting the groceries and such for the get-together that I completely forgot to pick a craft or buy any supplies.  Oh well, there's always next month, right?

13 comments:

Tonya said...

It's kind of like a book club - talk about the book for, say, 5 minutes, then garbble on about everything else for the rest of the evening. What yummy food!

M said...

It was awesome! You (and Sammy) made it a very fun day!

Michelle said...

Looks like fun! And that hat cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

How fun. Great photos. Looks like yummy food!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a fun time to spend together! Thanks for linking up & sharing today!

Cedar said...

Wow! Great shots and an impressive menu! Yummy! A day with friends is a treasure to be savored.

Joanna said...

How fun! & what wonderful captures you've got :D

Anonymous said...

Looks very delicious! Did you make the sweet potato recipe that I posted on NVM? That asparagus tarte looks especially yummy!!

Love the pix!

- Jessi - said...

That food looks good!
I have an award for you
http://lovinthelittlethings.blogspot.com/2011/04/took-break.html

Joanne said...

Crafty gathering at my house next time! You can cater. ;) That asparagus tart looks amazing! I'm so jealous.

Amie said...

Looks like you had a great time.

Courtney said...

So funny! Totally sounds like me and my girlfriends. Eating and drinking is WAY more important. :) At least you had a chance to get together. The food looks wonderful!

Melissa said...

Sounds like an awesome party - you go girl with all that cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...