homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Momma in Focus: Yellow

This week's Momma in Focus prompt is yellow; now that everything is blooming, I figured I could easily find something yellow and cheerful to pose next to with Sammy.  Well, I thought wrong.  I wound up driving around for about a half an hour yesterday until I finally came across group of daffodils along the side of the road.  Now here's where things get fun: I had remembered my camera and my remote, but didn't even think to bring a tripod so I wound up having to balance my camera on top of the stroller.  Here's what I ended up with:


You can totally see the remote in my hand, the wind is doing some crazy things to my hair, and Sammy looks like he's seconds from bursting into tears, but for some reason, I really like this photo.  And after you see some of the outtakes, you'll see why I think this photo was the best of the bunch:


1. Not bad, but we're completely out of focus.
2. In focus, but missing half of our bodies.
3. Remember those missing halves?  Found 'em!

 Be sure to check out the other lovely photos this week by clicking below:

7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I actually love this shot of you - all that aside, you're in the picture.

Hanna said...

Beautiful pictures!!! And I love the "out-takes" - those sometimes make the best memories!!

I'm bummed I didn't get pictures in today to link up - though I did have an auto post scheduled for yesterday that were just random pics of me and the kids.

Michelle said...

Awesome! I love the blooper photos, too.

Casey Martinez said...

I know this is mean of me but, I was cracking up reading this post!!! hahaha. Oh man, isn't it funny how things can go SO wrong sometimes but, I do have to agree with Ashley...your first shot is BEAUTIFUL and I think it is frame worthy!! Great job and doing this on top of your stroller...major kuddos!!

kristance! said...

love the photo(s)! i dont think i ever would have thought to use the stroller as a tripod!

Tonya said...

I like the candidness (is that a word?) of the shot and I didn't even notice the button thingy until I read your post.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Too funny. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...