homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, April 22, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #38



In an effort to learn more about fellow MilSpouse bloggers, Wifey from Wife of a Sailor started this weekly meme;  here are this week's questions.

1. How many pets do you have? And what type? submitted by Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl 

A very fluffy Sandy
I currently only have one pet, a very fluffy and lovable cat named Sandy.  She also answers to Sandine, Fuzzlebut, Sandy Pants, and high-pitched baby squeals.  My husband is convinced that she is a Siberian, due to her unusual triple-layered coat and insane leaping abilities (someone was watching Animal Planet), but there's really no way of knowing.  She and Sammy are totally BFFs.

 2. What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away? submitted by my-inspired-nest

Home improvement projects--things like painting, installing new light fixtures and rearranging furniture in the house are some of my favorite things to do, mostly because he's not around to render a dissenting opinion, ha!

3. What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages?  submitted by Christine's Little Blog


I've been a very, very bad military spouse this time around and have only sent Captain Husband one care package in the nine months he's been gone. (I haven't even sent CH his Christmas presents.)  I'm not a completely horrible person, though; CH has said time and time again that he hates having to bring the extra stuff home, so I've just been holding them for him here at the house.  But on the few occasions I do send him something, I always make sure to include something that will make him laugh, like novelty underwear or something cat related.

4. If you could star in any TV show, which would it be? submitted by Just a Girl


Nerd alert: I would want to star in the History Detectives.  Or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia--I bet that set is hilarious to be around.

5. What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other's first deployment? submitted by The Pavlik Perspective


I adopted a cat named Josie shortly after CH left for Afghanistan; unknown to me at the time, Josie had a large, cancerous tumor that would eventually take her life only six short months later. I had never cared for a sick pet before, and she and I grew very close simply due to the amount of time I spent with her, bathing her, giving her her medications, and eventually hand-feeding her. Putting her to sleep was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and I was already at my limits with the stress of dealing with CH's deployment...ugh, my chest tightens just thinking about that time and that was more than two years ago.

1 comment:

Athena said...

The History Detectives would be so cool!

Have a great weekend :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...