homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sammy's first pumpkin patch


I've been itching to take Sammy to a pumpkin patch for nearly a month now, but the prospect of picking out a pumpkin in 90-degree-plus heat had no appeal to me whatsoever.  With the realization that we were quickly running out of weekends to make such a trip, Captain Husband and I decided to just deal with the sizzling temperature and headed off to New Mexico with Sammy on Sunday to check out the La Union Maze and pumpkin patch.


It was scorching hot under the afternoon sun, but Sammy didn't really seem to mind all that much--he was too busy exploring the patch, looking for pumpkins.  We found the perfect one and then headed back to the main area to have some fun (and find some shade).


There was a lot to see and do, even for the youngest of attendees.  Sammy surprised both CH and me with how much he loved going down the big slides--he couldn't get enough of them and was practically racing CH up the hill for another go.


There was even a mini maze for the little ones--Sammy raced around the course and had fun playing in the straw whenever he hit a roadblock (I don't know why, but I love this photo of Sammy--it looks like a still from a movie or something).


We then made our way over to the petting zoo where Sammy made the acquaintance of some goats, donkeys and rabbits. 


Soon the heat had taken its toll, and we were all feeling pretty beat so we made our way back to the car, a little bit dusty and ruddy from the sun, but happy that we were finally able to go to a pumpkin patch as a family.

10 comments:

Maeve's Momma said...

Love his raccoon shirt, super cute! Looks like you guys had a blast :)

Unknown said...

So cute! First, love watching little toddlers run. They are so intent on getting their fat little legs pumping as fast as they can, and I love the expression Sammy has in the photo. He obviously is focusing on some straw bale he wants to climb on.

Also, nice hat. Go Tarheels! Ok, so I'm not really a big Heels fan, but it's nice to see some love for the home state from far away.

Our big thing here is apples. I think we might have to squeeze a visit in to the orchard at the end of the month, in the middle of all of our halloween activities.

Ashley Sisk said...

While it seems bizarre to look for a pumpkin in that kinda heat - it does look like you had fun!

Jess said...

Sammy is so cute! That slide looks so much fun! I love seeing what all the other corn mazes have to! Each one is so different! :)

Lou said...

how fun!! i have never been to a pumpking patch! how exciting!!

Veronica Lee said...

I've never been to one either! I would love the experience!

Kim said...

I am glad you guys got to go together. We had a high of 51 yesterday so I am having trouble relating to your heat. :P

Sarah said...

Looks like Sammy had a great time!

Gina Kleinworth said...

How fun- I know there are lots of times when I just don't feel like doing something like that because of the weather- but if I buckle down & just do it- I am always happy I did. Sammy is the perfect age to really start having a blast at places like that.

melifaif said...

Looks like a fun fun time. Sammy is just the cutest....I heart him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...