homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Up, up and away


My dad flew into El Paso last Friday and will be staying with us for a little over a week. It's his first time visiting El Paso so we decided to take a special trip to the Wyler Aerial Tramway. My mom and I had looked into riding the gondolas up the mountain only to find out that the site was closed every day we were in town; Captain Husband had never gone, either, even though he had lived in El Paso for four years prior to moving to Virginia.


I was a little surprised at how tiny the gondola cars are--each car could hold six people--but the 360 degree views that each car afforded as we ascended the one thousand feet to Ranger's Peak was worth the close quarters. 



It's a long way down...but if you're feeling wild and crazy you can actually hike up to the observation decks on Ranger's Peak from the parking lot on the Directissimo Trail


The views from the top were absolutely amazing; the stark beauty of the southwest was on display for all to see.  We easily spent the better part of an hour up there, just drinking in the views (and trying to see if we could find our house way down below).  Soon it was time to find ourselves some lunch, but not before setting up the timer on the camera for a nice family photo in front of the Franklin Mountains:

7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I wanna go - how fun!

padre said...

you said that Dad was visiting, but the man in the photograph seems to be smiling for a family picture...must have been all that quality time with me and the wifey :)

Tonya said...

Wow, you can see for miles and miles! The sky is so blue and clear. Entirely different from what's out my window. I love the desert environment.

Sarah said...

What a view! Now, on the important question: how did you get Uncle Lee to visit?!? I don't think I will EVER convince my dad to come see me!

Casey Martinez said...

Yeah for Dad's coming in for a visit and man that gondola thingy is SO high up...I think I might feel a tiny bit nervous even though heights don't usually scare me:). Such a dessert like terrain huh but, I miss mountains. I can't see any here! lol.

Kim said...

Looks so neat. I am glad your dad is getting to visit. Enjoy the time. :)

Unknown said...

OMG this is so neat! I went here almost 4 years ago to visit my boyfriend, now fiance! It was such an incredible view! :)

Hope you are having a fantastic Wednesday!
-Jessie

http://cattleya13.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...