homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Screen time


I love when my dad comes to visit--my to-do list always shrinks exponentially whenever he's around.  And I know for a fact that Sammy's really been enjoying having the extra company, too, especially as it often involves power tools, something he's especially fascinated with.


One of the projects that my dad decided to tackle was the seemingly impossible task of installing screens onto the French doors that lead out onto our patio; Captain Husband and I had looked into our options and most of them were incredibly cost prohibitive, especially given the fact that we're renting the place.  I did some quick research online and found a kit that seemed like it would be perfect for our situation.  Unfortunately, the kit didn't take into account the fact that our patio doors are thirty years old and were lacking a few key components (like a grooved threshold), but fortunately my dad has the kind of skills that make jerry-rigging come nearly second nature to him.


A few trips to the hardware store later and my dad had all of the parts to make a fully functional sliding screen door.  Now we can finally open up the doors and take advantage of the cooler weather that El Paso is [finally] experiencing.  Hopefully we can keep the cat from destroying the screens for at least a little while--she's been trying to climb them like Spiderman ever since my dad installed them.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Photobucket

4 comments:

London Mama said...

Awww dad's are great!

Sarah said...

When we got screen doors on our old place, Willow put her face through them a few times. Ahh, the memories...

Lori said...

Well it sure is nice to Sammy helping out like that, I'm sure your dad needed his help or supervision. :)
Hehe!

Veronica Lee said...

LOL! Can Sammy get any cuter!??? I see a thought bubble in the second pic that says "When I grow up, I wanna be just like Grandpa!!"

Have a nice day,L!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...