homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A minor facelift

Remember that old metal cabinet that I showed you guys last week? Well, I finally got around to finishing it up the other day and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out:


It's only a small change, but I think it really makes a big difference.  When I removed the old contact paper, I was a bit surprised to see that it was hiding some major cosmetic dings and scratches to the drawer fronts.  I thought about sanding and re-painting them, but I was afraid of messing the cabinet up more than it already was (or biting off more than I could chew and deciding to just sand and re-paint the whole thing--the more likely outcome).  And then the solution hit me: magnetic sheeting!  I found a company online that sells different colored magnetic sheets, picked my favorite color, and ordered a 12" by 24" sheet for $14.


I removed each handle, stuck the magnetic sheeting to the drawer fronts, trimmed it to fit using an utility knife and then drilled holes for the drawer hardware.  From start to finish, this project took me about 25 minutes.   Super easy, relatively inexpensive and if I ever feel like changing the color, I can.  What's not to like?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this! I'm so excited for you that it turned out so awesome (not that I had ANY doubt).

Unknown said...

This is fantastic, and it fits so nicely in the space. Plus, if you ever want to change it, you can glue any fabric or paper you want right to the front of the magnet.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...