homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wordless{ish} Wednesday: From scratch


{My local mommies group got together last week to collect books to donate to Books are Gems, a volunteer organization that puts thousands of books into the hands of El Paso area children each year.  We decided to make a morning out of it complete with brunch and some adult-friendly beverages.  I didn't want to show up empty-handed, so I volunteered to make two spinach and gruyere quiches.  From scratch.  The only problem is that I had never attempted this recipe before and I probably would have opted for something a bit easier had I known how big of a PITA making homemade crusts would turn out to be--let's just say my swear jar is currently overflowing with quarters.  But that's hindsight for you!  Fortunately all of my cursing and fist shaking didn't seem to effect how the quiches turned out, because they were delicious.  In fact, they were so good I might even consider putting myself through the ordeal of making them again. It certainly wouldn't be the first time my stomach trumped my common sense.}

6 comments:

christine said...

Hey - try the Pillsbury frozen pie crusts. My sister swears by them and she's known for her awesome pies :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Looks good. What a great idea for the books.

Dara Dokas said...

I love quiche, but never make it. This picture is inspiring me. Also, very cool volunteer project!

Lori said...

Yumm, We need a recipe! Looks soo good!

Natalie Pozniak said...

Yum! Please post the recipe!

Tonya said...

I'm a Pillsbury pie crust gal. My step-mom, who is a great cook, turned me onto them. I've been tempted to try to make them on my own one of these days, a project I'm saving till the kids are in college, since I know I'll be as frustrated as you were trying to get them right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...